Dimensions (1 inch = 1 foot): 7 1/4 inches x 15 7/8 inches General decor: Undecided. This hall will be divided into two sections: an entry foyer in front, and a sitting/telephone area in back under the stair.Entry foyer
- Walls: Wallpaper undecided.
- Floor: Hardwood undecided.
- Furniture: Grandfather clock, coat rack.
Photo from clock kit
- Lighting: Brass hanging lantern.
- Accessories: Possibly a large framed mirror, a coat or two on the rack.
- Miscellaneous: This will be the front door entry to the house, with doorways to the dining room to one side and the living room to the other. The stairs will go up from this area and will have hardwood treads, painted risers, and a banister railing.
- Walls: Wallpaper continued from the entry foyer.
- Floors: Hardwood continued from entry foyer, with small area rug in the back section.
- Furniture: Arm chair and side table, small book case.
- Lighting: Floor lamp beside chair.
- Accessories: A few small pictures on walls, telephone on table, books and knick-knacks in and on book case.
- Miscellaneous: This will be the area at the end of the hallway, under the stairs.
Comments: My decision to have the stairs face the front of the house allows for use of what would otherwise be dead space underneath. While the entry foyer will be open and public, the sitting area in back will be a cozier nook.
Return to Kelly's Dollhouse Page.
This page updated on October 11, 1998 by Kelly A. Jefferson.