Please take a few minutes to read about the ring, and at the end you can submit your site if it meets the requirements.
WHAT IS THE CONSISTENT LIFE ETHIC RING?
I established this net ring as a comfortable gathering place for web sites, whether organizational or personal, that are concerned with a consistent ethic of respect for all life. The consistent ethic philosophy encompasses several issues - anti-abortion, anti-capital punishment, anti-war, anti-euthanasia, anti-racism, anti-nuclear arms, anti-poverty - and stresses their interrelatedness to one another. The ring logo shows three circles, the circle being a symbol of life, intertwined to signify the consistent ethic theme.
In addition to promoting consistent ethic issues, the perspective of this ring is deliberately "alternative" to be open to sites with non-traditional viewpoints, such as those that are feminist, liberal, secular, gay/lesbian, animal rights, etc. It is not my intention to duplicate the strictly anti-abortion web/net rings that already exist. Abortion is only one element of the consistent ethic, and this ring is designed to reflect that.
WHO RUNS THIS RING?
The Consistent Life Ethic Ring is hosted and managed by me, Kelly Jefferson (pleased to meet you). I've been an activist for about 10 years, primarily concerned with abortion, women's rights, and capital punishment. I am interested, thought not active, in all the consistent ethic issues.
WHO CAN JOIN THE RING?
The following types of sites will be considered:
- Sites dealing with general consistent ethic philosophy
- Sites addressing multiple consistent ethic issues
- Sites dealing with a single consistent ethic issue besides abortion
- Single-issue abortion sites that have a non-traditional or alternative perspective
- Personal web sites which include some reference to consistent ethic subject matter or which mention the individual's commitment to consistent ethic principles
The following types of sites will not be considered - please don't even bother submitting them:
- Pages that are just a collection of rings (the site you submit should have actual content on it, even if the ring code is on a separate clearly-linked page)
- Strictly commercial sites, even if the product is pro-life in nature
- Sites with content that contradicts any of the consistent ethic issues
- Sites containing pornography or content which condones or promotes violence or hatred (there are already enough places on the web where those opinions flourish)
Sites that meet the above guidelines will be reviewed by and must be accepted by the ring manager in order to be added to the ring. Decisions will be based on the above guidelines and the discretion of the ring manager. I'll let you know within 3 weeks if your site is accepted. Please note that while I used to limit the ring to 25 sites, there is now no limit on the number of sites in the ring.
SO NOW THAT WE GOT ALL THAT OUT OF THE WAY...
Submit your site to the queue! You will be notified after your site is reviewed.
This site in the Consistent Life Ethic Net Ring
is owned by Kelly Jefferson.
© 1997-2001 Kelly A. Jefferson. Updated 3/25/01.